Thank you for your patience while we retrieve your images.


Thumbnails
 
014/365  Rigging the rig, OR if at first you don't succeed

014/365 Rigging the rig, OR if at first you don't succeed

Day 14

Odd photo today.
Yesterday in my post I commented how I like to use my tripod and remote switch for my photos. Well... here they are.
I've have been shooting and the switch dangles down, and gets caught on stuff, really not good. So I fastened velcro to the switch and the tripod. Can't see it on the switch - but you can see it on the tripod - on the left above the leg wrap. Seemed like a good idea, but it didn't work out.
So my next soluciton is tape and wire. I noticed the wire insulation was pulling back at the base of the switch, so I got out my blue electrical tape to cover that up. Then I thought about more tape, a wire key ring and a carabiner. This works much better.
One other idea is to fasten a small pouch to the tripod leg, and set the remote switch in the pouch. That would probably be better on the wiring... but this sure looks cool.
My only regret is that I didn't use duct tape. That would fix it!